The article gives some basic information on How to Get Traffic Using SEO Techniques. Creating your own website is as easy as a pie these days. Nowadays, even someone who doesn’t have any knowledge about website building and programming can come up with a perfectly decent webpage. The hard part however is to get people to visit your site. There are hundreds and thousands of websites and blogs, and getting traffic to your humble webpage may sound impossible given the level of competition. However it is a vital skill in the world of internet marketing.
Search Engine Optimization: What is it?
We always hear the term search engine optimization or SEO but ever wonder what this widely used internet term really means.
Search engine optimization is the active practice of optimizing the visibility of a website with the aim of generating organic traffic. This is done by improving the external and internal aspects of a particular website.
The practice of search engine optimization includes:
- Site architecture
- Domain names
- Link building
- Keyword research
- On-site SEO
- Tracking results
- Website monetization
Generating Traffic Using SEO Strategies: How to do it?
- Never keyword stuff.
- Research appropriate keywords by giving attention to a keyword’s search competition and search volume.
- Focus only on a single keyword or key phrase in each of your post. Avoid jamming them all together.
- Your title tag must also contain your keyword.
Keyword – Sitename or Title – Website
- Incorporate a keyword in the Alt attribute of your picture or video.
- Your post headline and page must always contain a keyword.
Social Media Sites
- Create a profile or a fan page on popular social media websites.
- Update your social accounts with fresh and relevant content regularly.
- Join communities and associations.
- Like, comment, and give your insights about your connection posts.
- Invest in a great design. Remember that your visitors’ thoughts and emotions towards your site will have an impact on your lead conversion.
- A fast search is an essential factor to getting traffic. Therefore, it is a must to evaluate the speed of your site regularly. You do not want to drive potential customers away because of a slow site speed.
- Content will always be king.
- Always make sure that your content is fresh, relevant and valuable. Research on the kind of information that your target audience wants to know.
- Make the most critical phrase or paragraph of your content above the fold in not less than 768 pixels. This is because of the reason that people do scroll but only until the fold.