The article touches upon the issue of Blogging on Copywriting: Eight Tips to Make Your Copy Sell. If you’re new affiliate marketing, in addition to creating new content, you may be spending alot of your time trying to gain backlinks to increase your pagerank and move your site up in the search engine results. Although backlinks are crucial for gaining visibility and traffic, copywriting is equallyas important if not more important.
Your content definitely affects your conversion rate. For those of you who are new to affiliate marketing, the conversion rate is the percenta.ge of visitors who actually purchase a product. Consequently, you can have a ton of traffic and still not be making any money if your copy doesn’t encourage visitors to purchase a product.
To increase your conversion rate, there are numerous things you can do. They include:
- If you’re writing a product review, when you list a product’s features, it is equally as important to list the benefits. For instance, if you’re writing a product review on
- Remember the saying a picture paints a thousand words. Although it is an old cliche, it is true. Use plenty of images to appeal to your reader’s senses. Furthermore, when you add images, don’t forget to use a caption with the appropriate keywords to optimize it for the search engines. Without a caption, the search engines have no idea what the image is about.
- Paragraphs should be in easily digestible short chunks.
- Sentence length should vary to keep the copy interesting.
- Your title is one of the most critical parts of copy. When an internet user is browsing down the list of search engine results, there has to be something compelling about your title that grabs their attention and makes them want to find out more. Actually, according to ?, your entire copy should be written this way. One sentence should grab their attention and make them want to read the next sentence.
- After the title, your call to action is the second most important part of your copy. A call to action tells your reader what you want them to do. Obviously, if you’re an affiliate marketer, you want your reader to buy the product you’re promoting. However, writing the call to action is not as simple as telling them why to buy the product. You not only need to tell your reader how the product will make their life easier, but you also need to tell them why they should buy it from you instead of someone else. To give some simple examples, in comparison to other websites, do you offer free shipping?
- Research has proven that buying is more of an emotional decision rather than a logical decision. Just like pictures, words can evoke emotions, and some words evoke more emotions than others.
- Copywriting and social approval – Legitimate testimonials or reviews are helpful to make your copy believable.
Although all of these tips are basic common sense, some writers do not apply these tips to their copy. By applying these tips, not only will your copy be more interesting, it will increase your conversion rate. As with any other skills, writing improves with practice. By applying these tips, not only will your copy be interesting, it will increase your conversion rate.