This article is about Starting a Dating Website Business. Starting a dating website can be a very lucrative business. I mean, who doesn’t want to find love or meet someone new? Everyone wants to be loved, so why not help someone find that special someone in their life. Sure there are many dating sites out there, but there is still room in this market to start something new.
So, if you have a passion for this business,then it may be the opportunity for you. Not to mention, it is a great online home based business idea to make money online.
Where Do You Start?
Below are a few steps you could take to get started building your new dating site: Decide on which customer base you want to cater too.
Like some base their dating websites on ethnicity, religion, or hobbies and interests. Or maybe you want a local dating website that caters to your City or State, but it would be more beneficial to reach out globally.
Other Site Ideas
- Online christian dating.
- Senior online dating.
- Singles online dating.
- Adult online dating.
- Totally free online dating.
- As always set a business plan or budget for your new business.
- Give your new dating website a name. You should be creative in this area and do your research.
- Register the domain name you have chosen. Visit my page on registering your domain name.
- Decide if you will design your own site or use website software.
- Find a hosting company.
Dating Website Software
Dating website software makes this process pretty easy to do. However, if you don’t want to use software, you can always hire a professional to design a unique site. Or if you are HTML savvy, you could create and design your own website. Personally, I have used software and it really wasn’t all that difficult to use.
So, if you do decide to use software which is much easier and cheaper, make sure you choose one with a great look and feel. It should be user friendly with a simple navigation. A confusing website could drive potential customers away.
Features You Should Look For
Your dating or social website software needs to be able to:
- Allow people to sign up and join your website as a member.
- Allow people to create profiles.
- Allow members to contact each other via chatting on IM or send emails.
- Forum capability, if you so desire.
- Have a database to store customer information.
- If you like, maybe you should add a wink feature as well.
Free Software Options
There are some free software options on the internet, but I’d like to talk about a couple of popular ones that I have stumbled across.
Joomla is a open source content management system. You would install the Community Builder component for Joomla, for the social networking part of your website. People can join your website and create profiles with this component. for Joomla would give you a very nice and professional looking website. This one is by far my favorite.
How You Would Get Started with Joomla
- Go to the Joomla website to download the latest version.
- You will then upload all files with a FTP program to your hosting server.
- Set up a database to store and retrieve information. Log into your hosting control panel to create a MySQL database and a new MySQL user.
- Run the program to install. You will be asked for site name, database name, user name and password.
- Next install the Community Builder component for Joomla. You can go to the Joomlapolis website to download the CB component. Then, after you download the zip files, log into your website administrator and go to extensions, then install/uninstall, and find the CB zip file and click to install.
- Select your look and feel for your website. You can find a lot of sites that offer Joomla templates.
If all else fells, you can also download the Joomla Installation Manual for additional help.
It you want to purchase software, you can try Dating Pro . They have everything you need to start your online dating business. You have the option of match making and social networking software and a variety of other software you may find handy.
Another dating script that is not too expensive to try is eMeeting. I have personally used the software and it’s not too difficult to use. It gives you a standard dating website with IM chatting, emails and forum features. Simple look and feel and customer service is quick with responses to your questions. I guess the only down fall for me is that all of the site templates pretty much looked the same with the same layout. So if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on software and just want something really simple. Try this site for size.
Website software is not difficult to upload and customize to your liking. Just follow the instructions and you will be up and running in no time. And if you want to take payment for subscriptions, it’s pretty easy to integrate payment modules like, PayPal or set up merchant accounts with Authorize.net and 2checkout.com.
Tips for Your New Business
- Just like any online business always deliver quality content.
- Research keywords related to your dating site, that will pull in the traffic.
- Provide competitive pricing. In my opinion, it’s doesn’t hurt to charge a little cheaper than other sites.
- In addition to making money with paid subscriptions, you can still use Google adsense and charge for advertisement on your site as well. Always have multiple streams of income.
- Use relationship articles on your site to peek your visitor’s or customer’s attention.
- Use relationship poles, questionnaires and surveys, keep your cliental involved.
- Create a form so your customers can share their love stories and allow others to comment on them.
Promote Your Site for New Members
The most challenging task with starting a new dating website business is getting members to sign up. To get new members, offer something free. Give incentives to join, maybe free membership for a few months. Promote your site every chance you get, write quality content with searched after keywords to pull in traffic. See my page on internet marketing and increasing website traffic to get some tips on promoting your new business. And of course there are many other marketing tools on the net as well that you can use.
Help someone meet their soul mate and earn income in the process. Dating websites have become a convenient way for people to meet. Yes, there are a lot of big names out there already in the business, but there is still room for your dating website as well. However, you have to set your site apart from your competition. To do this, you must do your research to find out what works. You should offer competitive pricing, unique features and useful tools to create a strong membership base. Now, it want be easy, but it can be done. You can create a great online home based business starting your one dating website.